Important information about
changes to our service
The Australian government has funded a new service to help carers. The service is called the Carer Gateway. It will operate across Australia. It starts on Monday 6th April, 2020. We will provide Carer Gateway services.
Services for carers from Alfred Health Carer Services:
- Carers can call us on 1800 51 21 21, Monday to Friday, 8.30-5.00 pm.
- Carers can call us for support and respite
- All carer services are free
- We will assist you to link in with the Carer Gateway or the right service
- Our website is www.carersouth.org.au
New services for carers from Alfred Health Carer Services under the new Carer Gateway:
- To start, carers can call the Carer Gateway on 1800 422 737, Monday to Friday, 8.00am-6.00pm.
- Once you are ‘registered’, we will offer local help using a new support tool called the Carer Star.
- We will help carers meet with other carers
- We will give carers coaching
Other services for carers under the new Carer Gateway:
- Carers can now access online services: chat forums, coaching, counselling and skills courses
- The website is www.carergateway.gov.au
For now, the main change is that across Australia, 24 hour emergency respite is now available by contacting the Carer Gateway directly on 1800 422 737.
This is a positive change for our carer community. We encourage you to talk with us about how we can help you.
We look forward to continue to working together.
Alfred Health Carer Services