We are a community support group for the families and friends of people with a serious mental illness in the Inner South East region: the Cities of Stonnington, Port Phillip and Glen Eira as well as carers from outside these areas who might be seeking information and support. We aim to:
– Share experiences
– Gain information on resources for people with a mental illness or psychiatric disability and their carers and circulate this information
– Keep abreast of the latest developments in mental health
– Invite speakers to our meetings from a range of areas relevant to mental health
– Act to protect and promote the interests of people with mental illness and their carers
– Help carers to become better informed so that both they, and those for whom they care, can lead more rewarding lives.
Our office is currently located at Waiora Clinic, Level 2, 435 Malvern Road, South Yarra 3141, telephone 9076 4713. A message can be left with reception or on voicemail if the office is unattended.
Our excellent small lending library can be accessed by leaving a phone message at our office – a list of titles can be emailed or mailed to you.
Our meetings are held on the second Tuesday of the month, February through to November, commencing at 7.30pm. We invite guest speakers to talk on topics relevant to mental health and carer issues. For more details see about-us-poster-2016
Meetings are held at:
Betty Day Centre
67 Argyle Street
ST KILDA 3182
Argyle Street runs off Chapel Street and is easily accessed by public transport along Chapel Street or St Kilda Road. Parking is available in Argyle Street or Bath Street (behind the Betty Day Centre) which runs off Inkerman Streeet.
View Larger Map