Welcome to the July edition of eNews
And our 200th edition!
Your rights are changing this September 1. The new Mental Health and Wellbeing Act is coming into force and will include rights-based principals that promote and support the experiences of Victorian consumers and their families, carers and supporters. The new Act stated aims are to provide a safer, fairer and more compassionate mental health system for everyone.
Tandem is working closely with the Department of Health to develop information about the new Act, including new resources. Read more on the new Mental Health and Wellbeing Act on the Department of Health .
Helen Makregiorgos joined our recent members meeting to speak about the rights of carers and consumers. Helen works at Independent Mental Health Advocacy (IMHA) and had a lot to say about how IMHA’s new opt out non-legal advocacy service is going to work. You can watch her presentation on our .
We hope you enjoy this edition of eNews!
– July Tandem Time with Tracey Taylor
– Join our Roadshow in regional Victoria this August
– The 2023 Tandem Awards nominations are rolling in!
– TheMHS Watch Party
– Seclusion and Restraint engagement opportunity
– A huge thank you to our donors!
– NAIDOC Week
– The Voice
– Carer respite
– Job opportunities at Tandem
– Opportunities at other organisations
– Help and Support
To receive Tandem’s eNews: join Tandem for free.