To Inner South Family and Friends
You may already be aware that Christine Culhane has left her PDAS post earlier this year and we are in the process of reviewing and redesigning the overall service structure within our existing pharmacy team.
In the meantime, we are definitely interested in ensuring all our stakeholders have the most relevant and up to date information/contact details for the service. We have developed a website which includes an overview of the service for both health professionals and consumers/carers: https://www.alfredhealth.org.au/services/hp/psychotropic-drug-advisory-service-pdas
Most current service contact details are as follows:
Psychotropic Drug Advisory Service (for Victorians only – clinicians, consumers, carers, and other support organisations)
For advice and guidance on:
- Treatment options and response
- Potential adverse effects of psychotropic medicines, as well as other psychoactive substances
- Medication interactions, including psychotropic medicines and other drugs, complementary and herbal/natural medicines
- Medication monitoring, including plasma drug levels and metabolic monitoring with psychotropic agents
- Information on the use of medications by special populations e.g. children, adolescents, the elderly, and women who are pregnant or breastfeeding
Phone: (03) 9076 8036
Monday to Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm
After hours and Public Holidays – you are welcome to either, leave a message – please provide your contact details; – or send an email. A team member will respond to your query as soon as possible.
Can you please help distribute above to ensure PDAS contact details are available/visible to all our Victorian service users?
Thanks in advance – do let us know if there’s anything our service can help with.
Viandro Borja B.Pharm (Hons), GradCertPharmPrac, MClinPharm
Lead Pharmacist – Alfred Mental and Addiction Health program
Teaching Associate – Monash University, Experiential Development and Graduate Education
Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
Melbourne VIC 3004
PO Box 315 Prahran
VIC 3181 Australia