- Psychosocial improvements annouced
- National guidelines for autism assessment
- Deakin Universitiy champions inclusive ballet
- myplace portal update
- Josh Mason’s NDIS
- Down Syndrome Australia Logo Competition
- NDIS Q&A
Our Q&A answers questions asked by the community about the NDIS.
This time we find out about the role of an LAC:
- What is a Local Area Coordinator (LAC) and what do they do?
- What is the difference between a LAC and NDIA Planner?
- Can you explain when an LAC would provide support to help me implement my plan and when the NDIA might fund support coordination to help me implement my plan?
- What are the organisations working with the NDIA as LAC’s?
- Where can I find information about my nearest LAC?
- My LAC helped with my access request form, can they tell me if my access to the NDIS is approved?
- If I’m unsure about the NDIS, can I take my 5 year old to an LAC?
- How can an LAC help me if I’m not a participant in the NDIS?
For all the answers to these questions visit the Q&A page
Keep the questions coming via #ndisqanda
To read the complete newsletter click on the link below: